- Set up a Windows Task Scheduler trigger to run ArthurMP.exe when a user logs in
- Set Windows Power Options to High performance
- Edit the High Performance Power plan to disable turning the display off and putting the computer to sleep
- Disable the Windows screensaver
- Enable automatic login on startup (run netplwiz.exe and uncheck the option at the top)
- If installing on Windows 10, disable the lock screen (Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in should be set to "Never")
- From the Local Group Policy Editor, schedule Windows updates to reduce Windows Update notification popups during business hours, and configure the Always Auto Restart policy to reboot the device once scheduled updates have been installed.
- Right click on the Windows desktop, go to the View menu, and hide desktop icons
- Set the Windows desktop wallpaper to a black screen
- Configure the Windows taskbar to auto-hide
- Depending on hardware support, enter the device's BIOS and enable automatic power-on after power failure
The Windows player software does not provide a robust sandbox environment. Please ensure that unauthorised users do not have access to the player hardware, or attached USB devices.
Premium Support via Teamviewer
For customers on a Premium Support plan, Nod staff responding to [support requests](mailto:email@example.com) may request remote access to the Windows player device via Teamviewer. If you choose to install Teamviewer to facilitate remote support, please note that Teamviewer's "No Connection" dialog can be suppressed by adding the following Windows Registry entry: